AEM Wideband Air/Fuel Failsafe Gauge
The Wideband FAILSAFE Gauge provides the ability to accurately tune AFR, while actively protecting your engine by constantly monitoring AFR curves and activating a user-defined failsafe strategy if it runs lean.
The Wideband FAILSAFE Gauge is a Universal Exhaust Gas Oxygen (UEGO—“you-way-go”) controller with an internal boost sensor, an internal data logger and a full color Organic Light Emitting Diode (OLED) display. It includes technology to activate a failsafe strategy in the event AFR falls outside of a user-defined operating window. If the AFR falls outside of the set operating window, the Wideband FAILSAFE Gauge triggers a user defined output function that can save an engine from catastrophic damage.
WHY YOU WANT ONE
This product is a must have for all tuned performance engines, either forced induction or naturally aspirated, fuel injected or carbureted. Any high performance vehicle owners who want a highly accurate AFR tuning tool with logging and a protection strategy that can save an engine from catastrophic failure will want this FAILSAFE device.
WHAT IT DOES
After the engine is tuned and a safe operating window of AFR is established, the Wideband FAILSAFE Gauge continually monitors AFR and boost or vacuum to make sure that AFR does not fall out of the defined operating window at a given boost or vacuum level. If the Wideband Failsafe detects an out of range AFR reading, the gauge triggers a low side output (ground signal with a 1.5 amp draw max) that can save your engine from catastrophic damage.
Use the gauge’s intuitive software to configure the low side output, create a user-adjustable time delay strategy to prevent false alarms, and customize the gauge lighting to flash and alert the driver if an alarm is triggered.
WHAT IT INCLUDES
The 52mm (2-1/16”) Wideband FAILSAFE Gauge includes a Bosch 4.2LSU AFR wideband sensor for monitoring and feedback of AFR and an on-board boost sensor to read vacuum or boost pressures up to 29 PSIG. Both boost and AFR can be displayed in real time on the gauge’s face using the full color OLED screen and 24 three-color sweeping LEDs. The gauge includes a low side output for triggering a failsafe strategy in the event AFR falls outside of the operating window (example strategies below), and an RPM input to log RPM for tuning purposes.
EASY TO SET UP!
Once installed, users connect to the gauge via a USB port and use the supplied software to log an engine’s safe AFR operating range, set minimum and maximum AFR ranges, alarm mode, time delay strategy, failsafe strategy and gauge display configuration.
WIDEBAND FAILSAFE GAUGE FACEPLATE STYLES:
Kit comes with 6 different faceplates and black and silver bezels.
- Black and White AFR in sweeping LEDs
- Black and White Vacuum/Boost in sweeping LEDs
- Black Vacuum only in sweeping LEDs
- Black Lambda in sweeping LEDs
WIDEBAND FAILSAFE GAUGE TECHNICAL FEATURES:
- Displays both boost or vacuum and AFR or Lambda simultaneously on the same gauge
- No free air calibration required – ever
- Internal boost sensor
- Bosch Wideband UEGO sensor and weld-in bung included
- On-Board 3+ hour Datalogging capability at 20hz per parameter
- Full color Organic Light Emitting Diode (OLED) Display in center, user selectable feature (boost/vacuum or AFR)
- 24 three-color sweeping LEDs, user selectable feature (boost/vacuum or AFR)
- Intuitive set up software
- Interchangeable faceplates and bezels (see options, above)
- Data analysis using AEMdata software
WIDEBAND FAILSAFE GAUGE INSTALLATION FEATURES:
- AEMnet compatible (CAN 2.0)
- Differential AFR analog output
- Differential boost analog output
- Configurable RPM input for logging
- One low-side driver output (Ground with 1.5 amp max draw)
- Positive-lock connectors
- Tunable PC-based software with USB connectivity
- Time based reset for outputs